About Me

My photo
TARZANA, CA, United States
Hello food, wine & beer pals! Welcome to my photo-journal of food, wine and beer adventures. I'm pictured on the right and my home brewing pal, Aron is on the left. Years ago I started watching the Food Network, saving recipe's, making recipe's, trying new things, tasting new things, and it's all blossomed from there, including the weekly tastings (beer & wine) at BevMo. I'm hooked on variety and continuing my search for tasty goodness all over the world. Please feel free to email me with comments and ideas at FoodieWinonBrew@yahoo.com Bon Appetito!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tasting No. 9 @ Metche’s (day 2)



Samuel Smith’s Old Brewery Pale Alehttp://www.merchantduvin.com/pages/5_breweries/samsmith.html 

Oh how I love drinking this brewery and this pale ale fits right in the line-up as “holding its own” under pressure of tasting. This was the first time trying this and I’m glad I did: for one, this is classic English ale; lovely, broad tasting sweet malted barley, and a rich ale mouth feel. What I refer to as a “good sipping ale” meaning, all you need is this ale and a pal for a lovely time. Sometimes food distracts from great brew, and this ale should be tasted if only once on its own, not paired. It’s a meal in itself. Also, I LOVE the rich amber color of this brew in the glass…so inviting!




No comments:

Post a Comment