About Me

My photo
TARZANA, CA, United States
Hello food, wine & beer pals! Welcome to my photo-journal of food, wine and beer adventures. I'm pictured on the right and my home brewing pal, Aron is on the left. Years ago I started watching the Food Network, saving recipe's, making recipe's, trying new things, tasting new things, and it's all blossomed from there, including the weekly tastings (beer & wine) at BevMo. I'm hooked on variety and continuing my search for tasty goodness all over the world. Please feel free to email me with comments and ideas at FoodieWinonBrew@yahoo.com Bon Appetito!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tasting No. 11 @ Metche’s (day 2)

PETIT LA CHOUFFE
ABV 8%
OH GOD! I heart the garden gnome!!! The real selling point is the hoppy coriander taste and rich garden herbs and spices all blending in on themselves in taste. This was the first ale I discovered a year or so ago that made me appreciate the Belgian ale. I don’t drink it often, because I’m not a regular Belgian ale drinker—please understand, that stuff is dynamite, but too much is explosive! I’m always a willing taster of Belgian ales if offered, but I rarely choose one to drink at the pub…unless its just to sample it. But I DO appreciate that art work in terms of the brew master.

No comments:

Post a Comment