About Me

My photo
TARZANA, CA, United States
Hello food, wine & beer pals! Welcome to my photo-journal of food, wine and beer adventures. I'm pictured on the right and my home brewing pal, Aron is on the left. Years ago I started watching the Food Network, saving recipe's, making recipe's, trying new things, tasting new things, and it's all blossomed from there, including the weekly tastings (beer & wine) at BevMo. I'm hooked on variety and continuing my search for tasty goodness all over the world. Please feel free to email me with comments and ideas at FoodieWinonBrew@yahoo.com Bon Appetito!

Monday, July 5, 2010

SOFIA ROSE

Francis Coppola Sofia Rosé
2009 Monterey County


I always love picking up a bottle of Sofia Rosé when the weather warms up in spring and especially summer. Sofia is a lovely wine for summer.  Part art (I just love the shape of the bottle), part simplicity, part elegance, part soft pink of rose. On the palate comes raspberry, strawberry, apricots with an earthy dry finish.  The alcohol by volume is 12.5% so you may want to pick up more than one bottle.  Especially when it goes on sale at BevMo for $13.99 a bottle.  Perfect with salad niçoise, lemon garlic grilled chicken, French potato salad, dark greens or brunch quiche!
Francis Coppola is another hero of mine. When I first heard of his making wine I was interested to see if the film artistry equaled his talents of the vine. I’ve tried a few bottles of Coppola in past years sporadically, mostly reds, and the Bianco Pinot Grigio. I’m really glad he came out with the table wines, since I love the efforts of his other red endeavors but can’t always afford them, specifically Rubicon. So far I’ve enjoyed the focused efforts of every Coppola wine I’ve tasted. And look forward to enjoying them for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment